Thursday, June 19, 2008

Superstitious

I try not to be superstitious. I inherited a few from my parents, though. When the salt spills I have to throw a bit over my shoulder, for instance. Innocuous, for the most part. However, the past two times I've blogged, I've come down with a big illness shortly thereafter. What's up with that?

I'm actually still sick. Low-grade fever and possibly heading toward another sinus infection. I'm trying to head it off with a neti pot. Thankfully husband is in town this week and has been picking up my slack.

Monday was the last day I was out and about. Here's a colorful photo of M, who is growing up so quickly lately. We had to take her to the ER last week with croup, but she has recovered.
Chalk girl
Doing her best to beautify our house while it's for sale

Over the weekend, our son really got the hang of riding his bike without training wheels. Santa brought this new bike for Christmas, and it didn't come with training wheels, so there has been some motivation to ride it. Seeing as Santa also took the other bike that had training wheels. Santa's ways are mysterious, for sure.



Like about a billion other people, I started the February Lady Sweater. I'm using Araucania Nature Wool and although I had to fiddle with the numbers because my gauge is off, it's working up nicely. I don't know what those people at Araucania were smoking when they got 18 stitches for 4 inches on size 6 needles--the gauge on the label. I like this wool at 6 stitches per inch.
February Lady Sweater

I've also decided to write up my diaper cover/wool soaker pattern and sell it on Ravelry. I have uploaded a total of three hat patterns on Ravelry for free, and they seem to be going over well. I like my diaper cover, because the design is very clean and has an adjustable waistband, too. We'll see how it goes. Right now I'm just trying to recover from this virus and make sure it doesn't go all bacterial in my sinuses. I'm sure blogging about it won't help, eh?

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay for selling your pattern. Great idea! Hope you get back to un-sick soon.

jackie said...

nice to see you back. the shetland shawl is beautiful! truly. and the baby hat is way to cute! and thanks for the sweater tip. i may try one myself! take care.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on deciding to sell a pattern!

And I love love love Nature Wool. It will be a perfect February Lady sweater.

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon! I like the color you chose for your sweater!

Sue said...

Best of luck with your pattern -- good for you! I hope you are feeling better. Any luck with the house sale yet?