Sunday, February 11, 2007

A nod toward better days

It will take all my strength, but I will not go on and on about how my family has been very sick for the past two weeks. I am trying to focus on more optimistic, fun things and looking at upcoming projects one way to do that. This spring I'd like to make this:


Isn't it adorable? It's from The Yarn Girls' Guide to Knits for Older Kids. The only problem is that I will, of course, have to substitute yarn, but want to find something of good quality because it may last for a few years. Also, the pattern starts at size 4 and M is wearing a 2T right now, so I'll possibly have to make some alterations in that department. But very excited for this project.

Right now I've been working on a Tomten for her, and it has been slow-going because the first iteration was much too long and I was running out of yarn, so I had to re-do it. However, it should be done in a week so so, barring any other double ear infections and the like that seem destined to hit us before the weather warms up....oh, in about four months. sigh.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Ack! The sickness, we've got it too. Hope you're all getting better.

I really like that dress. I've been thinking of making a light summery dress for my gal as well. Where is that pattern from?