Monday, September 29, 2008

Ah Success

Finally. I made a hat that fits. You'll have to trust me on the fitting part--he did not want to wear it for the camera. (Give it a month for the temps to dip down a bit...)

Very Warm Hat with skulls

Very Warm Hat with skulls Very Warm Hat with skulls
Pattern: Very Warm Hat by Elizabeth Zimmerman (a hand-out from Knitting Camp 07)
Motif: A modified "We Call Them Pirates" chart provided to me by Stacee (knittingelephant)
Yarn: Cascade 220 (.4 skeins of blue and gold)

Blue and gold were chosen because those are the colors of the boy's coat. Not for any team affiliation. I grew up in Ohio and had to say this *first thing* to my mother, who still believes if you wear blue and gold you are, even if you don't mean it, rooting for Michigan.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

That hat is way cool. There's a certain someone in my house who would go nuts for that.

Anonymous said...

That turned out fantastic!!

knitting elephant said...

I love the hat! Does your son have the Land's End down coat? Those are the exact colors of my oldest son's coat from the last 2 years! :-) Great job!

Anonymous said...

Love this hat! Who doesn't love skulls for a little boy's hat?!?!

Anna said...

I grew up in OH and when I first saw the hat I thought MI colors too! Love that it's reversible. Lucky kid.

Stephanie B said...

Wow that is really neat. I bet is makes a super warm hat. Love the skulls!

socknitster said...

Hey, Friender, I just discovered your blog today and really enjoy it! I wanted you to know that I had my son's tonsils out at age 4 because of sleep apnea too. His sleep and behavior improved immensely after that and the whole family benefitted from the operation. As an interesting sidenote, I have large tonsils and sleep apnea too. I had them removed at age 35, but unfortunatley for me that did not cure my sleep apnea and I have to use a cpap machine. Anyway, we have a lot in common! Thanks for a great blog.

Anonymous said...

I love the hat! My son would just flip over one like that. Wonder if I should show it to him? But then he would harass me endlessly till I finished it. Hmmmm...

I'm sorry you haven't been able to move yet. Neither have we. Our 6 month listing expires next Tuesday, and we haven't even had a showing at all since the first of Sept. Wah. We're not relisting until Jan, either, and only after we make some improvements. And we'll be FSBO this time.