Sunday, January 27, 2008

Happy Forest Koolhaas

Thanks to another enterprising swap with Bertha, I got my hands on some Dream in Color Classy in Happy Forest on Thursday. By Friday morning, when the kids were at preschool, I was at the coffee shop, happily knitting away. Saturday, this was done. And the world was good.
Koolhaus Hat
Pattern: Koolhaas Hat from Holiday Edition of Interweave Knits
Yarn: Dream in Color Classy in Happy Forest
Mods: None. Four chart repeats.

This was so fun to knit. And I happened to have the perfect vest to wear with it, although vest weather doesn't usually happen here until March or April. But all the same, I really enjoyed knitting this hat and plan to make another one to match my winter coat, too. On Ravelry, some people said they preferred five chart repeats, but that would have been too long for me.
Koolhaus Hat
This will be most excellent for St. Patrick's Day. And if the Packers ever make it to the Super Bowl.

This took 54 grams of Classy, and I have about 66 grams left. Enough for an entire hat! But my question is...do you think I could get a pair of adult mittens out of it?
Dream in Color Classy


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

That color looks lovely on you...I'm definitely going to make a Koolhas at some point.

maitai said...

great hat! i love the color. i've had it in my queue for a long time, but i tend to shy away from hats for whatever reason!

Jodi said...

So darn cute! And with a name like Happy Forest, how can you go wrong?

BTW, I love the green vest. Now that's some Packers-appropriate gear that I would be proud to wear!

Ruth said...

What a great combination of yarn & pattern!

(sadly, I don't think you have enough for mittens.)

Sue said...

The Koolhaas looks great in that color. Perfect combination.

Heather said...

great color/pattern combo. Enjoy!

Robin said...

Love it!!! I'm bummed about the Packers not making it this year too!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Bertha said...

You already know I love it, but I'll tell you again, I LOVE IT! Not sure if it's enough for mittens, maybe if you stripe with another color of Classy?

goodkarma said...

Your new hat is beautiful! I really love that yarn and now I want one, too!!

Eliza said...

I love your hat! It goes perfectly with your vest.

As for the mittens, I think if you added a big stripe of another color, you might make it work. Maybe you could do some fingerless mitts??

jessica said...

beautiful hat! love it, as for the mittens, I'm thinking that it wouldn't make it... bummer. they would be so pretty though!

Anonymous said...

Love that color, and the Dream in Color looks great in that pattern!

Devonshire said...

That yarn is frickin gorgeous. It looks so good on you. I love that pattern too. Must get that magazine down...

Katie said...

Great hat! It looks great with the vest.

My Fetching mittens took 68 grams of Reynolds Odyssey, which is worsted weight (I just weighed them to be sure of the total gram-age) and they're a little too big. Plus they have cables. I dare say 66 grams of the Classy is enough for a pair of adult mittens!

Vicki Knitorious said...

Maybe some wristers or fingerless mitts... or in combo with another yarn...

The hat looks GREAT! Here's to wearing it for NEXT YEAR's Super Bowl!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty color! Fantastic!

Yarn Devil said...

Your hat is beautiful. As far as mittens go, I don't know if you could get a pair out of that or not... mind you, you would do them magic loop style(or the 2 at a time) and if it looks as though you are running out make them fingerless? Just a thought.... Though a full mitten would be a beautiful set!

nova said...

Ooh, I love it! While your leftovers are enough for another hat, I don't think it will be enough for mittens (unless they are for a kid). But now, fingerless, mitts, that another story entirely...you could have enough to knit Evangeline.

Anonymous said...

Wow that looks just awesome. I love greens, but might not have picked that one up thinking it was too "Kelly" for me, but it looks great on you and in that pattern! I've not done mittens so I don't have much advice, but nice FO :)