Thursday, January 03, 2008

Knits in Action

Happy New Year. My parents came to celebrate Christmas on New Years (yes, we're slightly off kilter that way) and so I was able to get a photo of my mom in the Reader's Wrap.

Reader's Wrap on Mom
It was well-received, as my mom is the most gracious person I know. She's particularly deserving of something she can wear everywhere next year. Especially since she and my father have always been so supportive of my knitting hobby, not to mention generous. This year they got me the Knitpicks DPN set, The Knitter's Book of Yarn, More Sensational Knitted Socks and Favorite Socks. And two skeins of Knitpicks Bare to assault with more Koolaid. And a new digital camcorder. Yeah, they're generous.

And here is me. It was a gray day and well, the photos aren't the best. But I do love this sweater and actually had to take it off while preparing our food that day--it was too hot for the kitchen.

Beaverslide Jacket on me

I'd also like to thank Tiennie--apparently I'm starting off 2008 with some good vibes. Never having ever won anything in a blog contest before, I was chosen as her random blog commenter and she's sending yarn! Yarn! Thanks Tiennie. I'm so excited to see what it is.

Speaking of yarn, this is my 98th post on my blog. Rapidly approaching 100, in which I'd like to give away some more yarn. It's fortuitous that I need to visit my LYS for buttons today; I can pick something out there to give away. Stay tuned and tell your friends.

12 comments:

Bertha said...

Aw! Your mom looks so cute in that wrap! It looks super cozy! And speaking of cute and cozy, your sweater looks awesome! It looks perfect on you!

Eliza said...

what awesome parents (and presents)!!

You and your mother both look great in your knitwear!

Mandy said...

Your knits look great, yada yada. What I'm really interested in is your contest. I've never won one before (blog-related anyway) so I'm totally winning yours. Whatever it is, I'm winning. Bring it on.

maitai said...

is that blur in the background your daughter running by really fast? how funny!

jessica said...

Love the wrap & your sweater! You hit the motherload!!! Its great that they know what you like and are so in tune with you hobby! woo hoo for winning yarn, that's got to feel good! I can't wait to read more about your contest...

Devonshire said...

That readers wrap looks great!! Love your sweater too - it looks fantastic. Congrats on the yarn win too.

Ruth said...

Looking good! Both the wrap and the sweater. I like the kid blur zipping past you in the background ... that's what family holidays are all about.

Anonymous said...

Love the Reader's Wrap! It looks so cozy....

Katie said...

The reader's wrap is great! And the photo of you in your new threads is great. It looks like it fits you perfectly.

goodkarma said...

Cute mama! Your sweater turned out so well. You look so comfortable and natural in that picture; you clearly made great choices when planning this garment!

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! I sent it off to you today so hopefully it won't be too long before you receive it.

Very sweet parents you have there!

Robin said...

Both knits are beautiful!!