Monday, June 11, 2007

Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

Well, what can I say? I had a good time with the Knitters' Treat Exchange, so I thought I'd sign up for the Knitter's Virtual Vacation Swap. Especially since our only 'vacation' this summer is for a family wedding in NJ.

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why? Hawaii, like everyone else in the swap, because I've never been there and it looks so beautiful.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why? Probably Australia because I've never been there and it's so far away. Plus, the added bonus of being able to speak the language, generally.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries? Yes, as a teen we took a family vacation in an RV from Ohio to Wyoming. HAH. And then during college when I was an exchange student, I drove with a boyfriend through France and Italy and Switzerland.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it? Hmm, not really. I don't count Italy as exotic.

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why? Italy in 2000 with my husband. He was just about to start grad school and so we went all out and had a two-week vacation and traveled most of Italy. We also got to visit his aunt, who is a nun in Rome.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain. Yes, I lived in Washington, DC, for about a year and that, obviously, lends itself to lots of tourist activities for visitors. Also living here in Madison, Wisconsin, I've played tourist once or twice with family in from out of town.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker? Wow, well, I would have to say I like the beach first and museum second, but they are in close running. It depends on my mood and type of vacation. London in the spring...museum. Florida in February...beach.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn? Here's my downfall. I don't have a favorite. I like good old fashioned wool and I like cotton blends. I like linen, etc. I like sock yarn. I like bulky, worsted/aran, etc etc. I am not picky, which either makes it harder for you or easier, depending on your personality.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn? I don't like wool/acrylic blends, superwash (except for sock yarn), or yarns that don't have some natural fiber in them.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet? Kid sweaters, adult sweaters, hats, socks

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation? Socks

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet? I would love to learn pottery and jewelry/soldering.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise) Nope.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite? I don't have a favorite color. I like purples, lavender, pink, blues (denim and other), most greens (not lime). Least favorite? maybe chartreuse? I just had to put that in there. I'm not sure what chartreuse looks like, but I like the word. I dunno. I like most colors, although I can't wear (near my face) lime green, red, hot pink or some yellows (pastel yellow is good, but others are not).

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)? Sweet.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know? Desperately? Lol. No. I'm easy-going and think this swap will be pretty fun.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Living in DC and playing tourist, there is a surprise ;-)

Hey my vacation is moving my sister to Florida. I guess that is better than a wedding, LOL.

I am glad you signed up!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! I really enjoying being involved in swaps,too. It’s a great way to meet new people and explore new ideas. Enjoy.

mommieofdrew said...

Hi
I'm in Beloit Wisconsin.. I've been meaning to come to madison to go to Off the Beaten Path but haven't made it up yet. Is it worth the drive???

Laurie said...

Oh, my vacation this year...working on the inside and outside of the house. Uhhuh! Much fun. Especially in the hot summer heat of California.


Welcome to the KVV swap.