Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Time Flies

I guess we're having fun, right? It has been more than a week since I posted, and Bloglines is telling me I have exactly 144 webpages to read...I have not been sucked into the vortex of Ravelry, but rather actually mostly enjoying summer and working on our environs.

We bought this house last year, and while it was apparent the previous owners had been working on the inside, it was also painfully obvious they had neglected the outside. I don't have photos of some of the beds yet, so we'll tackle the windowbox.
windowbox1
The windowbox. It doesn't look that terrible, right? Hah. Take another look...

windowbox2
It, along with the shutters, badly needed some scraping and paint and impatiens.

windbox3
Ah the magic of the Internet. All done.

windbox4
Ok, so this was a few weeks ago. The impatiens are really filling in now and look nice.

I'm working on the back beds and we got a landscape contractor to do the front. Who are we kidding? We have a 2yo and a 4yo and doing all the flowerbeds would have taken about three summers. (You have to take into account that 'summer' lasts for exactly 76 days here.)

Oh, I got a tickle from my Sockapalooza pal. And with no way to email her back, here goes: Cuff....I'd prefer higher than anklets but lower than knee socks. Three/four inches higher than anklets would be perfect! Use your judgment--I trust you. (and thanks!)

4 comments:

jessica said...

I love how a fresh coat of paint makes anything look great. We've been at our house 3 years and the flower beds are just starting to look good ;o)

Anonymous said...

How pretty! Great job!

Mandy said...

so smart to hire a contractor. I tried just weeding my garden at the beginning of spring, and I was concentrating so hard that Mag was practically in the street. Well, not that close, but it was a good think I looked up for a second!

Anyway. Your window boxes are lovely. I love how the impatiens thrive up in the North!

Devonshire said...

Those window baskets look great. I love impatients!