Monday, August 13, 2007

High Five

There has been a flurry of activity here in our house. A boy turned five.

High Five

And he lost his first tooth the day before. His party included "The Banana Lady", who entertained the kids with games, balloon twisting and face painting. The Banana Lady was a show herself, nevermind the other stuff she did.

Banana Lady

And I cast on a new project. I saw it advertised in the Fall 08 issue of Interweave Knits.

Donegal Vest

Although I can't afford the Tahki Donegal Tweed (pricey!), I decided to swatch with Peace Fleece and fell in love almost immediately. I waited to photograph this because while I did get the entire back done already, it's reverse st st, which is pretty boring. Here is the the left front:

Left front of Donegal Vest

Pretty damn satisfying so far, if I do say so myself. High five!

9 comments:

jackie said...

happy birthday to the 5 year old! and happy birth day to you. the vest is gorgeous! how do you like peace fleece yarns? do you use them alot? it looks beautiful so high five to you!

Angie said...

Happy Fifth to the boy! Oh gosh, your new knitting looks fantastic!

Jen, do you think you are going to the Sheep and Wool Festival in Jefferson in early Sept? Let me know!

goodkarma said...

Happy Birthday, big boy! Yay!

That Peace Fleece is beautiful. I think you did a great job putting yarn and design together. We should be seeing a new vest very soon at this rate!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
It sounds like the banana lady was lots of fun.

Love your current project.

KVVS partner

Anonymous said...

What a sweet looking kid! Happy birthday! The swatch is really beautiful!

Devonshire said...

That is looking lovely! I love the tweed. Happy Birthday to the little one (or does he prefer big kid now)??

Sharon said...

OMGosh!! HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY!!! What did the tooth fairy bring? (the princess wanted to know)

The new WIP looks fantastic!!

Mandy said...

The vest is gorg. As in gorgeous.

What a big deal, turning five. I wish a belated Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

High five, indeed! It's lovely! Happiest of happy birthdays to your son! Many blessings to him. (and as an aside, I may go to the Wool Festival in Jefferson, too!)