Tuesday, November 13, 2007

FO - Socks again!

My lovely Sugarplum Socks are off the needles and actually I've worn them twice. Twice! They are quite warm.

FO Sugarplum Socks
FO: Sugarplum Socks
Pattern: Toe-up from Simple Socks Plain & Fancy with a K3P1 rib, short-row toes and heels
Yarn: Farmhouse Yarns Not Just For Socks in Sugarplums & Butterscotch
Needle Size: 2

I mailed my younger sister's socks for her Nov 19th birthday and started my older sister's birthday socks for her Dec 1st birthday. I decided to use some Meilenweit Mega Boots Stretch that I got in a trade on Ravelry. It has some nice color changes, will look great with jeans and I can do a little cabling, too.

Carrie's Birthday Sock

This is just a K4, P1 rib with the a cable thrown in on the K4s every 6 rows. I turned the heel today, thankfully. It's a little slower-going than the other socks, but I think I have enough time. This yarn should hold up to my sister's inevitable washing/drying in machinery. I think her husband does the laundry, so we can't blame her!

8 comments:

Angie said...

Wow! Excellent socks! I love the color of your socks and the cables in the KIP are super.

Hope you are feeling better!

Eliza said...

What beautiful projects! I really love the ones in progress especially. The yarn is subtle and works beautifully with the pattern.

Bertha said...

Wow, both are excellent! You're right, those blue socks will look awesome with jeans!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

I love the sugarplum socks. They look like perfect Wisconsin Fall socks. Don't you feel lucky to be a knitter some days, that you get to have the luxury of hand knitted socks. And then, you're kind enough to share your talents with your friends and family.

goodkarma said...

Ooooh the sugarplum socks are so pretty! Perfect for fall. Yum yum.

Mandy said...

I think my lys have the meilenweit mega boots stretch yarn, but I never knew how awesome it would looked knitted up! Love it!

Devonshire said...

Your socks look great. The color is just gorgeous. Your other sister's socks are also looking awesome. Love the subtle cable twist.

misplacedpom said...

the millienweit is great sock yarn, I made my sister a pair out of the exact same colourway. It's the type of yarn I trust to none knitters, plus with the stretch they are almost always going to fit!