Thursday, November 01, 2007

FO

Just a quick FO to post (brag) about. These are for my younger sister's birthday. I'm so grateful my sisters both have birthdays during colder months. Oh, and that they enjoy handknits, too.

Sister Socks
Pattern: Toe-Up from Simple Socks by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts using Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
Yarn: Interlacements Toasty Toes

I also cast on for my second for-me pair of socks...I know I've got a lot on the needles, but I couldn't resist this yarn. It's Farmhouse Yarn's Bo Peep "Not Just for Socks". The colorway is "Sugarplums & Butterscotch". Delicious. Scored from The Sow's Ear in Verona, WI. This is also a sportweight yarn, and knit so tightly it can stand up on it's own. I think this will be a good sock for February.

Sugarplum Sock



7 comments:

jackie said...

the socks for your sister are amazing. what a great colorway! what a lucky sis to get such a lovely present! hope she likes them!

Bertha said...

Oh man, I like your sister's socks but I LOVE the colorway of your socks! So pretty! I also like how your son is there in the background all "ho hum, just another day, sittin' here while mom takes pictures of socks"

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

The socks look lovely! Who wouldn't love handknit socks?

The yarn is beautiful - where did you get it?

Mandy said...

Pretty socks for your lucky sister. Yummy socks for you - yea!

jessica said...

What a lucky little sister! great socks. Your socks look great too, what a beautiful colourway! so pretty :O)

Devonshire said...

Your sis's socks look fantastic! I am going to have to agree with Bertha though your sock yarn is yummy - it reminds me of a yummy fig tart with a lovely brown crust and perfectly cooked figs and a delicious sugar topping.

Anonymous said...

Those are sweet socks for your sisters! Such pretty colors!