Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Enough Already!

We have damn near 22 inches of snow on the ground. That's quite a bit for here in the first part of December...in fact someone was reminding me today that we had no snow for Christmas last year. I got very cozy with the snowblower yesterday and the kids played outside for awhile, too.
Snow kids
In fact I do like snow. It's driving in it that I really don't like. I believe that Grandma & Grandpa are getting the kids new, sturdy sleds this year for Christmas, and we will put them to good use. We tossed our old sleds because the pink plastic was cracking and breaking.

It's almost done! Wow, that Reader's Wrap is a fast project. Or maybe it's because I haven't knit on anything else since I started it. Usually I'm bouncing around all different projects. It's motivating to see how much I can get done when I stick with one project, actually.
Reader's Wrap
I had a difficult time photographing the color. It's Blueberry Borscht Peace Fleece and it's more of a dark periwinkle with raspberry flecks. I have about 2 more inches to knit then I'll add the second pocket and do 8 rows of seed stitch, bind off, weave in ends, sew down pockets (how?), block and wrap. Whew. Here's another shot in the sunlight...
Reader's Wrap
I'm about five posts away from my 100th post! I'd like to have a contest of some sort (with yarny goods to give away), so if you'd like to suggest a nifty one, I sure would be happy to consider it. Thanks.

11 comments:

Bertha said...

Wow, I love the color of the wrap! The raspberry flecks look so great against that blue!

Kim said...

I am a bit jealous of your snow. We had a big storm last weekend, about an hour south of us. So, we didn't get a stitch of snow. Well, it flurried all weekend, but nothing big. My kids want to go build a snowman so bad!
I love that blueberry borscht! I am making a Swing Thing for my dd with it, it is so pretty!

knittinbrit_in_wi said...

You really have flown on the Readers Wrap. I'm sure your mom is going to love it.

Me, I love the white stuff and don't mind driving in it - I just don't like how some other people drive in it.

maitai said...

yikes! that's a lot of snow!

tiennieknits said...

Pretty wrap! I can't wait to get more snow here!

ikkinlala said...

The wrap looks great!

Sonya said...

Man, that is a lot of snow. We could have so much fun in that.

Love the wrap.

Eliza said...

It's snowing here too!! Winter has arrived!

Your wrap is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Isn't Wisconsin the best in the Winter! But we have had enough of the white stuff now and it can stop! Love the color of the Readers wrap. Great job.

nova said...

Blueberry Borsht...I just like saying it. The wrap looks fantastic. What doesn't look fantastic? 22 inches of snow. We got 6 yesterday with the promise of getting slammed tomorrow. Good times.

Liz said...

I knew what yarn you were using right away. It's my favorite color from Peace Fleece. It looks very nice!